Orbital Assembly Corporation (OAC) is planning to build the world’s first commercially viable, space-based business park with artificial gravity. Their Pioneer class station, the first free-flying, habitable, privately-operated facility in orbit, is set to be operational by 2025. Featuring five high-tech modules built around OAC’s rotating Gravity Ring architecture.
The basic station model is capable of comfortably accommodating 28 guests and provide them with a hybrid environment of microgravity (Zero-G) as well as variable levels of gravity up to .57-G. Custom configurations are also possibility to accommodate more people or to meet specific commercial equipment specifications. Each one of these Pioneer modules offers up to 14,000 cu. ft. of space. While this space station looks cool, we think this bird’s nest-shaped floating hotel has it topped in the looks department.
LEGO Ideas International Space Station 21321 Building Kit, Adult Set for Display, Makes a Great Birthday Present (864 Pieces)
- Challenge your construction skills with this LEGO Ideas ISS (21321) display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, posable Canadarm2 and other authentic details to discover as you build
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut microfigures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects
- Includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator and LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 864-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends
- This ISS (International Space Station) toy building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby
For the average person, being in space will be a sci-fi dream experience. Our vision is to make space a destination people will yearn to visit, with familiar elements provided by the presence of gravity.” Pioneer’s gravity experience will enable visitors to move around in weightless environments while eating or drinking out of a cup normally and sleeping without having to be attached to a bed. This is not possible in current space stations,” said Tim Alatorre, Chief Operating Officer for Orbital Assembly Corp.